This is my first entry for a german Food Blog event. I am not sure if that kind of event exists in the english speaking Food Blog community as well, but I think it is great. It is arranged by the wonderful blog “1 x umrühren bitte” which means something on the lines of “Please stir once”.
This month’s theme is desserts. Nothing easier than that and finally a reason to make one of the recipes on my long, long list of sweet treats. I could eat cake, muffins and everything else sugary for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unfortunately, my hips don’t like it and Stefan doesn’t either. So I need a good reason for baking…
And that’s where the Food Blog Event comes in. It was really hard to choose only one recipe. But in the end I went for a Clafoutis with Blueberries. It is based on a recipe from Tim Mälzer – a wonderful chef from Hamburg, Germany.
Clafoutis with Blueberries.
1 pinch of salt
50 g caster sugar
100 g marizpan
150 ml milk
25 g standard flour
25 g cornflour
150 g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Wash and carefully dry the blueberries.
- Separate the eggs and whisk egg whites with one pinch of salt and 20 g sugar stiff.
- Mix egg yolks with 30 g sugar.
- Puree marizpan and milk with a blender.
- Sift flour and cornflour to egg yolks and sugar, add marzipan milk and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish and dust with flour.
- Pour batter in dish and put blueberries on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.