Not much to say about this one. The combination of fresh ingredients, the slightly hot flavour of the paprika potatoes, the fresh green lettuce, warm ricotta, tomatoes, fresh herbs. Do I really have to say more? It’s so good and I am happy to share it with you.
Roasted Ricotta Tomatoes.
6 medium tomatoes
12 tsp ricotta (one tsp for each tomato half)
1 bunch of basil, fresh
1 bunch of parsley, fresh
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lenghtways and scoop out the insides.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with some salt and place them face down and a clean towel. That will help pulling some of the moisture out of the tomatoes.
- Chop basil, parsley and garlic finely.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, basil and parsley thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- With a teaspoon fill the tomato halves with the ricotta mix.
- Put the breadcrumbs on a plate and dip the ricotta filled tomatoes face down into the crumbs.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with paprika potatoes and green lettuce.
8 medium potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp parsley, dried
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, paprika poweder and dried parsley.
- Add potatoes and mix well so they are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with roasted ricotta tomatoes and green lettuce.