When I looked through iTunes the other day, I came across a Video Podcast from Jamie Oliver and that’s where I found this wonderful, wonderful recipe. I didn’t even know that Jamie has that kind of show, but it is actually very cool. Short snippets of film, just about 5 – 10 minutes long with straight forward recipes for everyday dinner.
I’ve got a few more that I want to try, but this one really is amazing. It is so quick and simple and the combination of fresh yoghurt and cucumber with the spicy salmon is incredible.
Salmon Tikka With Cucumber Yoghurt.
2 x 150 g salmon filets
1 tbsp tandoori curry paste
2 Naan breads, prepacked
100 g plain yoghurt
1/2 red chilli, fresh
1 bunch of coriander, fresh
- Preheat your oven to 120°C and put your Naan breads into the oven to warm them up.
- Finely chop the chilli, deseed it first if you can’t handle the heat.
- Roughly chop the cucumber and put it into a bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the bowl, add yoghurt and season it with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice each salmon fillet across lenghtways into three slices and use yor fingers to smear the tandoori paste all over each piece.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, put salmon into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes in each side until cooked through.
- Place a warm Naan bread on a plate, top each with three pieces of salmon and cucumber yoghurt. Scatter over with chilli and coriander leaves.